Tailings transportation pipeline SCADA programming
The Atacocha mine tailings transportation system, located in the Yanacancha district of the Pasco province, Peru, includes two positive displacement pumps designed to pump tailings from the concentrator plant uphill through a 4.2 kilometre (km) pipeline to the classification plant.
Ausenco designed and programmed the control, instrumentation and telecommunication systems for the pipeline.
Some of the system features include:
- Redundant Allen-Bradley ControLogix Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Redundant ControlNet network and DeviceNet Network communication with the pump station Motor Control Center (MCC)
- Integration with two mainline pumps’ Allen-Bradley Compact-Logix systems
- Integration with Allen-Bradley MicroLogix PLCs for thickener, flocculent system and centralised hydraulic unit operating all pump station valves with hydraulic actuator
- Dual Rockwell Software Factory Talk RSViewSE human-machine interface (HMI) consoles
- Ethernet over redundant fibre optic communications between all stations
The tailings system, including controls and communications, was commissioned by Ausenco in 2007.