Elmira Poultry is a federally registered poultry processing facility supplying value added private label and branded chicken products to well known retail chains. In 2006, work began on a 40,000 sq ft expansion to essentially double the size of the existing facility and make room for a new versatile processing line.
Elmira Poultry was greatly concerned with the Sanitary Design standards for the new expansion and enlisted the services of Ausenco to consult on Sanitary Design as well as to provide the mechanical and electrical designs for the facility.
Ausenco’s scope of work included:
- Design of new transformer and switchgear.
- MCC Design.
- Power distribution.
- Emergency and general plant lighting.
- General HVAC for cafeteria, mechanical room, future office space (second floor level), fryer room, oven room, and dry storage area.
- Piping (cold water, hot water, high pressure hot water, steam, condensate, glycol, brine, hydraulic oil, thermal oil, natural gas).
- Facility drainage.
- Complete design of mechanical utility systems including steam boiler, direct fired hot water (low and high pressure systems), thermal oil, hydraulic system, compressed air.
- Design of a freezer underslab heating system using existing infrastructure and hot glycol from the refrigeration system
- Sanitary design consulting on all aspects of the work including structural and architectural (completed by MTE of Waterloo, Ontario).
- New custom grease interceptor and forcemain.