The George Fisher Mine (GFM) is an underground mine located in Mount Isa, Queensland, Australia that produces approximately 3.1 Mt/y Lead-Zinc ore.
The Xstrata Zinc Surface Crushing Facility is a new capability for GFM, designed to meet the requirements of an increase in ore available for processing.
Ausenco Rylson successfully delivered the following services for the new Surface Crushing Facility:
- Hierarchy Development
- Preventative Maintenance Optimisation
- Technical Documentation Generation including customised formal Standard Job Attachments
- Critical Spares Analysis
- CMMS Data Upload (Ellipse)
Ausenco Rylson achieved the following deliverables for GFM:
- Hierarchy of the new equipment associated with the Surface Crushing plant based on design data and validated by physical configuration as built
- Formalised Preventative Maintenance Strategy allowing reliable planning of required preventative maintenance resources
- Critical Spares List recommending the stock items required to reduce risk of financial impact due to unscheduled maintenance
- Migrated preventative maintenance strategy for the incumbent CMMS.