Arrow Energy currently produce gas from fields in south east and central Queensland. With approximately 500 gas wells across these fields, Arrow Energy is able to supply gas to the Townsville (235MW), Daandine (33MW) and Braemar 2 (450MW) power stations, as well as local and industrial users in Townsville, Moranbah and Brisbane.
Ausenco Rylson assisted Arrow Energy in the planning and execution of a shutdown that will allow critical maintenance activities to take place at the Moranbah Gas Processing Facility.
The project required personnel experienced in shutdown procedures to conduct a number of activities, including:
- Optimising timing and developing a schedule for the shut
- Determining the critical path for the activities
- Determining the labour, equipment and consumables required for the pre-shutdown preparation and during the shut
- Identifying and procuring critical spares required during the shut
- Finalising work scopes for engagement of contractors
- Determining planned maintenance activities for each engineering discipline
- Developing final inspection criteria.
By providing support in the planning and coordination of this shutdown Ausenco Rylson achieved the following for Arrow Energy:
- All necessary activities were identified, planned and carried out
- Costs were controlled through sound planning and scheduling techniques
- Materials and services were available at the right place and the right time to maximise the success of the shutdown
- Risks were identified and addressed during the planning phase of the shutdown
- The shutdown duration was minimised in order to reduce the impact on business performance.