In December 2009, Ausenco was awarded a combination of FEED and detailed engineering for Suncor’s 35,000 bbl/d debottlenecking projects. The MacKay River SAGD facilities (MR1) well facilities were designed for 30,000 bbl/d.
Ausenco completed a combination of FEED and detailed engineering of the mini-projects below to facilitate a 35,000 bbl/day throughput for MR1.
- install IGF accumulator 02-V-204 bypass
- modify once through steam generation (OTSG) steam
- quality measurement
- install vapour recovery unit (VRU) seal water recycle
- install second stage high pressure (HP) steam separator
- install low pressure (LP) steam loss elimination
- after filter expansion
- install new swing tank
- expansion of Weak Acid Cation (WAC) system
- oil removal filters (ORF) expansion
- corrosion study for MacKay River.
- combination of FEED and detailed engineering for 10 separate projects
- de-bottlenecking solutions to achieve 35 kBPSD of bitumen production at field steam-to-oil ratio (SOR) below 3.0
- installation of an IGF accumulator by pass
- revamp vapour recovery unit (VRU) at MR1 to recycle seal water
- installation of a second stage swirl type separator at the CPF
- installation of a spare WAC vessel to operate as both a primary and polishing vessel.