Zimi Meka, Chief Executive Officer (Brisbane)
One of the founding directors of Ausenco, Zimi Meka was appointed Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director in 1999. Before joining Ausenco, he held senior roles in engineering and operations companies.
Zimi has more than 25 years' experience in the design, construction and operation of minerals processing plants and infrastructure, both in Australia and internationally.
- One of 11 business leaders taking a public stand on the issue of gender diversity as Queensland Male Champions of Change (QMCC)
- Named 2013 Queensland Professional Engineer of the Year by Engineers Australia
- Listed by Engineers Australia as one of the country’s Top 100 most influential engineers in 2010, 2011, 2014 and 2015
- Awarded Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy’s Institute Medal 2009
- Queensland University of Technology Alumnus of the Year 2008
- Fellow of Engineers Australia
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.