Ausenco is an exciting, fast-growth organisation with a history of attracting visionary people who embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. We’re a global leader in engineering, project management and operations solutions for the Oil & Gas, Power, Environment & Sustainability, Minerals & Metals, Process Infrastructure and Program Management sectors.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
Ausenco’s Oil & Gas, Power business line provides the momentum that helps to shape the future. Building on the strong reputation of PROJEX Technologies, which became part of Ausenco in 2013, our experience ranges across all facets of project execution from Owner’s Engineer to full EPC execution and into operations and maintenance in many sectors of the power industry.
The Opportunity and Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Intermediate Process Engineer to join our Halifax team.
Our engineers at Ausenco have one thing in common – a commitment to continuous improvement through innovation. We are passionate people who work on diverse and interesting projects, no matter where we are in our career lifecycle.
Responsibilities of the Process Engineer will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide technical direction for specific tasks and assigns work to subordinates engineers, or project sub-groups
- Oversee drawing development to “Issued for Construction” status, ensuring all technical requirements are met and clearly illustrated.
- Performs process engineering calculations involving piping hydraulics, line sizing, equipment sizing, heat and material balance etc.
- Develop and assist in development of process simulations, Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&IDs) and Line Lists (LDTs).
- Responsible for or prepares process information on data sheets and technical specifications.
- Assist with material requisitions, technical bid evaluations and reviewing supplier’s drawing and data documentation to insure compliance with respective project specification requirements.
- Participate in all phases of design from conceptual to detail, construction support and commissioning support.
- Ensure current technical standards, reference materials, software programs and tools are applied correctly to the design of process and equipment on assigned projects.
- Review and checks design documents and drawings prepared by Junior engineers.
- Participate in HAZOP reviews and in other technical, constructability and quality reviews.
- Coordinate technical issues with other departments including operability and constructability requirements.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Working knowledge of process engineering principles and practices.
- Knowledge of process simulations, PFD, P&IDs, hydraulics, pump calculations, plant layout, relief system design, materials and process engineering calculations. etc.
- Knowledge of engineering work flow process.
- Working knowledge of industry process related software, codes and standards.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify underlying principles or facts associated with information or data to draw conclusions.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- A recognized degree in engineering from an accredited college or university.
- 4-7 years of broad process engineering work experience in the Oil and Gas engineering industries ideally within an EPCM or plant operation environment.
- An active professional license in Engineering (P. Eng.) or eligible for professional membership with APEGA and/or APENS is preferred.
- Ability to seal engineering documents produced under his/her direction, upon acquiring a P. Eng. status.
To be part of an exciting professional organization with offices around the world, we invite you to submit a detailed resume directly to this posting.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Ausenco is an equal opportunities employer.
Challenge your boundaries