Ausenco is a dynamic organisation with a history of attracting visionary people who embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. We’re a global leader in engineering, project management and operations solutions for the resources and energy sectors.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
Ausenco’s Minerals & Metals business offers services covering all facets of the project life cycle from scoping and feasibility studies, through to project delivery and brown field plant upgrades. From the most effective design, through construction and to commissioning, our business and passion is exceptional project delivery of mineral processing plants.
The Opportunity and Job Description
Ausenco is seeking a suitably qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the role of Senior Study Manager. This role will be based in Ausenco's Vancouver office, although time may be required working from other offices and some travel is expected.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person to:
- Lead the delivery of high-quality studies (conceptual, pre-feasibility or feasibility), within budget and on schedule.
- Assist in building effective business cases through bringing together technical knowledge and commercial concepts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clients, including technical and commercial aspects.
- Have a strong understanding of material quantity lists and the development of detailed capital cost estimates.
- Prepare and maintain study document planning and scheduling documents to assist in study execution.
- Lead the preparation of high quality technical reports with grammatical accuracy and precision.
- Prepare forward planning documentation and implementation strategies.
- Assist in the business development and the preparation of proposal as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Your attributes and accomplishments will include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering.
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in engineering, consulting or operations, with extensive experience in the delivery of mineral processing studies or projects.
- Experience in leading and managing a technical study or project team.
- Registered Professional Engineer in BC or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of mineral processing and / or metallurgical plant design and operation. Specific knowlege in gold and base metals process plant design would be an asset.
- Previous experience as a lead engineer or area manager on several major projects / studies in the mining and mineral processing industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Willingness to travel.
To be part of an exciting professional organisation with offices around the world, we invite you to submit a detailed resume directly to this posting.
We thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Challenge your boundaries