Ausenco is a dynamic organization with a history of attracting visionary people who embrace challenges and discover innovative solutions to each and every project. We’re a global leader in engineering, project management and operations solutions for the resources and energy sectors.
When it comes to ingenuity, we have no boundaries. With diverse projects across the globe, you can dare to do things differently, challenge the status quo and discover your true potential.
The Opportunity and Job Description
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Administrative Assistant based in our Vancouver Office.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to one or more Managers, and the General Manager, Vancouver. The requirements include a proficient standard of word processing, time management, professionalism and accuracy. This position requires a good knowledge of division organization, SBMS policies and procedures, administrative practices and office routines. Adherence to the Corporate HSEC and Quality Program and the Presentation Manual are incorporated into daily work.
This Senior Administrative Assistant works in cooperation with other division administrative resources in support of business development and large project support. From time to time, this position may be required to provide support to other Ausenco divisions or corporate staff.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person to:
- Review and prepare various documents including reports, meeting minutes and general correspondence from a wide variety of material such as written drafts, or other sources.
- Maintain monthly divisional and corporate reports by collecting, collating and inputting data into report templates, reviewing and editing data with responsible managers.
- Provide support and assistance to the General Manager by coordinating all communication including email, written correspondence, telephone calls and diary entries, organizing meetings and conferences.
- Organize travel and accommodation requirements for Managers and division staff.
- Maintain accurate records by ensuring that filing and ongoing maintenance of filing systems is carried out in a timely manner and following organizational procedures and processes.
- Serve as point of contact for division employees, managers, customers and clients.
- Administer monthly divisional Quality Audit and Engineering Budget Review process.
- Administer monthly Division HSECQ and Operations meetings.
- Assist division Business Development specialist in the completion of business development tasks as required.
- Assist division large project support staff in the completion of project tasks as required.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Your attributes and accomplishments will include:
- Minimum of ten years of related office, customer service or administration experience.
- A high school background supplemented with courses in word processing and spreadsheets or a diploma / certificate in business or office management.
- Previous experience working in a large consulting environment as a departmental administrative assistant is required.
- Proficiency with spelling, grammar and punctuation of the English language.
- Advanced MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Adaptable and able to work effectively in a fast paced and rapidly changing business environment.
To be part of an exciting professional organization with offices around the world, we invite you to submit a detailed resume directly to this posting.
We will contact only those applicants who most closely meet our requirements directly.
Thank you for your interest in this position.
Challenge your boundaries