Our focus is on providing a hand-up, not a hand-out:
- We aim to help improve the opportunities and outcomes for children in disadvantaged communities because we recognise that children do not have any choice in the situation into which they are born
- We use our expertise and resources to help improve the health and safety of communities in which we live and work because we believe zero harm is possible and that everyone should be able to return home healthy and safe every day
- We also use our expertise and resources to help improve community infrastructure in locations where the benefits will continue long after we’ve helped the community bring them to fruition
- Unfortunately natural disasters like earthquakes and floods have and may impact our communities again, so we will also seek to support relief efforts in these circumstances.
The involvement of our people and the local community are essential elements of any Ausenco Foundation initiatives. It’s our way of giving back through our time and other resources.
In any community there are many, many worthy charitable causes, but unfortunately we cannot assist them all. For this reason, we do not provide funding for unsolicited requests for sponsorship or donations. We are also quite specific in which initiatives we will support.
We operate under the Ausenco corporate values, and in addition, we:
- Aim for sustainable, fair and equitable solutions that address the root causes and symptoms of poverty and disadvantage
- Build creative and trusting relationships with the communities in which we work
- Respect and protect human rights including civil and political, economic, social and cultural rights
- Do not support individuals or organisations associated with terrorism, child sex tourism or any other unlawful activities.
The Ausenco Foundation's Australian-based charitable entities are also registered by the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission, and as such are eligible to display the Registered Charities Tick.